On 13 September 2011 07:47, Jonathan Aquilina <eagles051...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 13/09/2011 08:43, Ian Lynch wrote:
>
>> I think part of the problem is the rise of client server databases with
>> the
>> internet. It's a bit of an irony because to start with OOo used the
>> principle of connecting to a database rather than including the old
>> Addabas
>> that was with StarOffice. Snag now is that even if the use of Base is
>> minority it's difficult to withdraw it without upsetting them.
>>
>> Ian
>> Sent from my Android Smartphone.
>> www.theingots.org
>>
>> On 13 Sep 2011 00:16, "Tom
>> Davies"<tomdavie...@yahoo.co.**uk<tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>>
>>  wrote:
>>
>> Hi :)
>> Done that.  Been there.  It didn't work.  Base is dying. Can we just admit
>> that and remove it from LO?
>> Regards from
>> Tom :)
>>

> Why not find a way to integrate connectivity to all the major databases
> such as mysql and MsSQL servers?

This was the method in the early days. I assume it still works. At the
weekend at the Apache Bar Camp I was talking to PostgreSQL developers who
are very interested in better integration with OOo/Libo. We are likely to be
working together on training and certification so there are possibilities to
get some funding to this development but its going to take a little time.
They are applying for FP7 funding through the EU and we can complement that
with Lifelong Learning projects.

--- On Mon, 12/9/11, Thorsten
Behrens<thb@**documentfoundation.org<t...@documentfoundation.org>>

--