Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2012-02-27 20:35:
Our bylaws are an internal non-german-legal document that we use as
_our_  constitution. it is not meant to be used in court.

wrong.

I recall one rule where the board is not allowed to change the bylaws in case of a dispute, until that dispute is settled. (Don't nail me down on the exact wording here...) If the worst case happens, someone could claim that in court.

So, while not per se and automatically, in certain situations, those internal rules as referenced by our public statutes are of course subject to some amount of legal control. We could also have opted not have them in the statutes, but we didn't.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108