Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Jean Weber wrote on 2012-06-19 23:31:
> >I would think that the policy should say something like "only the cost
> >of low-cost economy airfare will be reimbursed; if travellers choose a
> >more expensive fare, they will be responsible for the difference in
> >cost" and similar for the cost of accommodation.
>
> it's indeed a problem of calculating that. Thorsten, are there any
> tax-limitations we need to consider, is this possible at all
> (independent from whether we want this or not)?

The limitations are that we're not supposed to pay 'benefits' to
members. Reasonable travel costs incurred by members on a trip on
behalf of TDF are of course reimbursable upon board approval.

The policy though states that "TDF will reimburse or pay the cost...
...of the lowest coach class fare" - which I read that TDF does not
insist on you actually booking coach.

Norbert's remark is of course valid - so it's best to agree on a sum
beforehand, instead of haggling over that after the fact.

HTH,

--
Thorsten Behrens, Director, Deputy Chairman of the Board