Please don't confuse "making voices heard", which is generally good, with "offering them a vote", which is generally problematic if they do not carry any responsibilities upon which their votes might rely and especially if they are willing to vote for ideas they don't fully understand on the basis only of personality or identity. Decisions made in that way have bad outcomes.

+1 for the above

Sometimes I think, don't make it to to complex. As there number of people contributing to the discussion oversee able. So maybe some kind of news article/news board of system;  An introduction article [Starting point] + comment system like this (not sure how it's called); https://tweakers.net/reviews/7694/last/android-11-kleine-verfijningen-zonder-zoete-verrassingen.html#reacties. The starting point can be created by anybody registered. The response and the voting makes it easier to keep track of important input (read-up) and what people support or not. For tapping into the general public I would prefer a a polling system. Some background story [XXX] What do you think about Community Edition. Great Idea! Not so, because..  [44 characters or maybe few more to keep it short]. If the want to give more input they should go you can go to www..

The ultimately decision should me made at the board.  The community tools intended to gather input (and should communicated this way). Note: still having issues managing the topic flow. The topic evolved more or less from 'Personal edition' to "Community edition". Where a group lagging still responded to 'Personal Edition' while I got the feeling that we moved on already. Another issue is managing people like me, chaotic thinkers. After the Commodity Edition /Enterprise it started I to question the Edition (which I initially supported). With next step objecting against Edition terminology within the current context. And I'm surely having issues to 'grasp' the positions. What I needs to clarified.

Telesto

Op 17-7-2020 om 19:32 schreef Simon Phipps:

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 6:19 PM Daniel Armando Rodriguez <drodrig...@documentfoundation.org <mailto:drodrig...@documentfoundation.org>> wrote:

    El 2020-07-17 13:20, Simon Phipps escribió:
    > There is also CONSUL, which was developed as open source by
    Madrid City
    > Council, transferred to an independent Foundation and is now used
    > worldwide. Italo Vignoli is a member of their Board of
    Directors. See
    > https://consulproject.org/en/
    >
    > All the same, I don't think it's necessarily a good thing to bring
    > thousands of voters into a decision making process where they
    have no
    > responsibilities to moderate their exercise of rights. It will just
    > become factional and partisan based on external agendas.

    I believe that it is crucially important to allow as many voices as
    possible to be heard, and the consequent monitoring process is
    greatly
    facilitated by the implementation of a tool such as Decidim so,
    together
    BoD & Community can decide about the issues that matter to us.

Please don't confuse "making voices heard", which is generally good, with "offering them a vote", which is generally problematic if they do not carry any responsibilities upon which their votes might rely and especially if they are willing to vote for ideas they don't fully understand on the basis only of personality or identity. Decisions made in that way have bad outcomes.

S.
--
*Simon Phipps*
/Meshed Insights Ltd/