Decidim allows to enrich spaces for participation through multiple available components (surveys, proposals, follow-up of results, comments and several more).

-> True; as - I think I said - no experience with all participation tools.. Did try decidim quickly today.  I personally find https://try.decidim.org not utmost attractive visually (not judging the functionality, capability's or scale ability) . Another part is a full fetched participation environment really needed. Or is it rather overblown functionality nobody actually gonna use. The number of active commenting users isn't extremely large; and the number responding here even lower.  Even polls at https://planet.documentfoundation.org/ attract representative amount of users. I happy already with kind of comment board showing depth (so responds too) and a moderation score (the moderation can be done by anyone logged in at the site). Gray means Off-topic / irrelevant; +3 Spotlight. In addition can a vote be added; to support/unsupported. And maybe a poll functionality Are more options actually needed? I'm would be quite happy with forum/ bulletin board with decent comment functionality and possibly to support a comment and/or prioritizing comments.

This e-mail message board is not my type of thing.  Unstructured, hard to go through. Bug tracker message system is already a lot better. And a message board with comments (which easily show who is responding to what and being able to filter based on votes and or moderation score) is perfect already. The 'voting'/ supporting should be enough for non fluent people, I think. And message board maybe even be translated too by some automatic translation site. Quality is often quite acceptable. Visa versa people could use a translation side to write their opinion in native language, while being automatically translated to English with some  'heading: automatic translation" and the source text below. That's what I do if there is a posting of a bug in Spanish/French/German.

And it could environment could be used also on blog.documentfoundation.org. As I'm talking about message board with same functionality (except slightly improved comment system). So to backend or the whole site could shared. Without bloating everything with again a new environment for participation. Including maintaining (security updates/ configuration)/ moderating etc. And all the comments can also send as e-mail message to the e-mail archive if people like nabble/mailings.