El 2021-01-13 13:25, Guilhem Moulin escribió:
Hi,

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 at 16:28:06 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
3. Point the OpenGrok repository to the mirrored Collabora Online
repository, for the time being, as long as the development is not
happening at TDF

It might be helpful to have usage metrics for {OpenGrok online.  During
the past 2 weeks I count 535 hits from 30 distinct IPs, half of which
with ≤15 requests.  In comparison, for core I count 27k hits from 419
distinct IPs, 284 of which with ≤15 requests.

Anyway, why should TDF assist with tooling for a project that's no
longer developed under its umbrella? IMHO {OpenGrok falls into the same
category as build bots, and {OpenGrok's online repository should be
removed just like we shutdown the online build bot.  And if there is
interest in keeping these around, they should point to the state prior
to the fork, not to a new upstream.

Guilhem has a solid point here, if anyone leaves our project why should us go behind them?

Bugzilla, the dashboard, and weblate are different and I think it's
important for posterity to preserve (keep that public) issues, metrics,
and l10n contributions of the project from its inception up to the fork.

FWIW I also think it's wrong to mirror references of
https://git.libreoffice.org/online
from an external repository.
https://listarchives.tdf.io/i/gVuesWC6ZI0MUequqiqJ3nrc
reads “1. to freeze (not delete) the "online" repository at TDF's git,
for the time being” and “1b. to switch the https://github.com/libreoffice/online mirror to instead mirror the Collabora repo”. I assume “freeze” in 1. was not meant to turn https://git.libreoffice.org/online it into a read-only
mirror?  That's anyway not how I read the decision.

--
DAR