On 13/01/2021 17:28, Simon Phipps wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 4:53 PM Daniel Armando Rodriguez
> <drodrig...@documentfoundation.org
>     Guilhem has a solid point here, if anyone leaves our project why should
>     us go behind them?
>
> The people involved have not left our community or the LibreOffice
> project (yet). They continue to be our colleagues, friends and indeed
> contributors of all kinds, including upstreaming LO improvements that
> arise from COOL. Please be kind.

        Thanks for that Simon =)

        My understanding of Guilhem's usage stats is that OpenGrok is
essentially un-used (27k core vs. 535 online hits in the last 2 weeks).

        I don't see any terribly compelling reason to keep OpenGrok open and
working vs. online if people object to that, COOL is significantly less
complicated than the LibreOffice core (which as I recall is the 98%+ of
the lines of code here).

        OpenGrok seems an odd locus for a conflict; the costs are rather
trivial. The risk that it might (very slightly) help a group whose
financial, technical and general contribution to TDF and its mission is
quite real is there.

        To soothe my Sayre's Law rash, I'd be well up for simply turning that
bit off if that's easier for syadmin.

        ATB,

                Michael.

--