Hi Drew,

on the feedback / contact question - I recall MS tried hard to keep
people on the store pages (discouraging links off-site, encouraging
companies to engage with users on the Store / comment pages there).

The place to go & get support & provide feedback directly to CIB is:
http://libreoffice.cib.de/ (click on the "free online support"
button).

Drew Jensen wrote:
> 32Bit binary!
> Why?

We started small & thought that would be a good catch-all; also given
that many systems with Windows-S where entry-level.

Meanwhile, MS added the option to provide several architecture
packages for the same version, so that should be easy to fix (when I
evaluated that initially, you had to build a package containing _all_
architectures, which was then quite bulky).

Drew Jensen wrote:
> > On the MS Store listing it would be good to actually show how long the
> > buyer will receive updates.
> > I have in my notes that it is 18 mos, but that came IIRC from the ML
> > and nowhere on the store listing is that spelled out, at least not
> > that I can find.

What would you consider fair?

Drew Jensen wrote:
> > > I see reference in the application to making a donation to TDF.
> > > Why would I do that (donate) after I already purchased a license?
> > > (I also purchased LO powered by CIB and Collabora Office and neither
> > > include these references to making a donation to TDF; why would LOV be
> > > different? Because it cost $5 less?)

That's mostly due to the fact that we wanted to build & publish from
an unmodified source tarball (aka publish a true "vanilla" version).

If there's consensus that the store versions should be modified,
that's easy to patch out then.

Drew Jensen wrote:
> > > Question; Last week TDF put out a statement that LibreOffice 7.0 is
> > > now considered the proper release for all users. Can I assume that my
> > > copy of LibreOffice Vanilla 6.4 will be upgraded to 7.0 shortly?

I would think so, yeah. But please be aware that I can no longer speak
for CIB
(https://blog.allotropia.de/2021/01/14/cib-spins-off-allotropia/) ;)

All the best,

-- Thorsten