On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 5:42 AM Thorsten Behrens <t...@libreoffice.org> wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
>
> Dennis Roczek wrote:
> > E.g. You know very well how long which MS Windows version is supported with
> > which support plan. In the store you can only guess:
> > is it
> > * a live time license (buy one, only get this major release updates)
> > * some X months supported license
> > * buy-one-get-forever-updates license
> > * something different
> >
> Fair points.
>
> Still, before exploring if/how to address one or more of the above
> options, what would you (and others here!) consider a fair deal?

Depends.

Based on Vanilla having a release cycle close to the TDF official
releases and Vanilla representing what TDF/Publisher considers general
use version.
ie Today this would be 7.0.3 per recent TDF announcement.

I would like to see a term that ensures no less than two full update
cycles and in some circumstances three updates.
At no time would the user have a version not receiving active scheduled updates.

18 months I believe fills all three of my requirements.

ie. When the user purchases the initial install that is version 0 -
today that is LO 6.4.4 and they would receive update 1 (7.0.3) and
finish with update 2 (7.1.3) and depending on where the initial
purchase was early in the version 0 availability window possibly one
more.
(Note; IDK is there a general rule as to which minor update 6.4.x
constitutes a move from the cutting edge/power user release the for
general user status.)

Drew