Hi Emiliano, all,

On 05/01/2022 17.18, Emiliano Vavassori wrote:
Il 20/12/21 20:34, Marco Marinello ha scritto:
first of all, I'd like to state for those that are not into the current status quo that this proposal will mainly affect the "Online" project at TDF's infra.

Not only. I can also name the Android "LibreOffice Viewer", for example.

at least at this point in time, I (as somebody having contributed to LibreOffice Android Viewer during the last year) wouldn't see Android Viewer as a really good candidate for the attic.

While it's not the most actively developed part of LO, it is (other than LOOL) still receiving contributions. And while there hasn't been any official release for a long time, daily builds are still provided by TDF [1] and the fact that users are occasionally reporting bugs in Bugzilla suggests that the app is being used by those.

Can you possibly give a few more details on why you're considering it as another candidate for the attic?

If there are any specific technical issues with the app (like critical bugs that make the app useless) I'd be happy to hear about those. (Maybe those can be addressed.)

Of course, it's well possible that interest in LO Android Viewer may become even less in the future, in particular as the COOL-based Collabora Office app as a potential alternative becomes even more mature. But at least in the status quo, my personal opinion so far would be that it's not the time to put LO Android Viewer to the attic as of now.

Best regards,
Michael

PS: As a side note, given that Android Viewer is contained in the "core" git repo, just like the desktop version, it would have to be clarified what "putting to the attic" would mean in detail for that specific case.

[1] https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/current.html