Hi Mike,

On 06/01/2022 10.13, Mike Saunders wrote:
Is there something we (from the side of TDF) can do about this, eg push a new release to the Play Store? If so, I can talk to Cloph (our release engineer) about getting an updated version out there...

Thanks for asking.
Whether it makes sense to push a new release to the Play Store is actually a good question, and I don't think I can answer that just by myself.

So far, when looking at LibreOffice Viewer and potential alternatives, my personal assessment was that it was worth spending some effort to improve it to have a reasonably well working solution and I think it is useful in its current state.

However, I don't really know whether it will make sense to keep it in the long run, in particular as alternatives (like the Collabora app) are further improved.

So the question is probably: Does it make sense to start doing official releases again now when we don't know whether/for how long we'll continue to do so? I'm currently undecided on that myself, happy to hear other people's opinions...

Best regards,
Michael