Hi Franklin,

On 25/03/2022 14:26, Franklin Weng wrote:
we have seen something like "why do you think we (C*a) would want to
help you in creating a competing product?" when someone asked for help
in our developer's IRC channel.

        I'm flattered by what I assume is this new C*a contraction of Collabora
=)

Collabora helps its competitors every day - primarily by contributing tons of code to LibreOffice that they can use. Also by working collaboratively with other engineers from competing companies. We give feedback, advice and help on the code - as we do for volunteers - typically in some rough proportion to their estimated contribution.

We're somewhat less sympathetic to silly questions (RTM) or to attempts by others to leech our time away to support their needs & customers without contributing meaningfully (as/when/if that happens).

As I regularly say: working on the LibreOffice code is fun - and I'd really recommend actively contributing to the code to everyone so they can get a real feel for how that works first-hand.

        Regards,

                Michael.

--
michael.me...@collabora.com <><, GM Collabora Productivity