Hi Andreas,

On 08/06/2022 19:53, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Hi all,

Am 06.06.22 um 13:18 schrieb Jan Holesovsky:
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Mantke píše v Ne 05. 06. 2022 v 19:12 +0200:

If I remember correctly TDF has paid a big part of work on the basics
of
LOOL. And maybe some former / current board member recognize which
company was paid for that work from donation money.
Interestingly I cannot remember TDF ever tendering for LibreOffice
Online work, can you please point me to the details?
TDF tendered in 2014/2015 the work for the Android editing, which was
explained to the board also as important for LOOL. Thus this project was
payed from the LibreOffice donation money. The biggest part of this work
(according to the prize) was done by Collabora productivity.

thanks for the reminder.

Since then Collabora also benefited a lot from TDF's marketing, infrastructure and community support.

That was all part of the discussion which has been ignored during the negotiation to get LOOL made available to the community but then they unilaterally decided to move to GitHub and not backport any fixes or features.

With a very odd timing the 02/06/2022 Mr Meeks added to the ESC agenda, during the meeting, the request to actually kill LOOL. From the emails on board-discuss it seems clear that that he doesn't want that in-house developers to even thinking about reviving LOOL to make sure TDF cannot promote even a basic version of it.

[But I may be wrong - as said, I have nothing to do with TDF tending
process, so maybe I've missed something?]

I made a research in an archive and found out that the document with the
offer from Collabora was created by Jan Holesovsky with LibreOffice 4.2
on Oct., 6 2014.

I guess anyone can forget to have created the documents that lead to the financing and support by TDF and the community of one of their major projects.

Now that Kendy has been reminded from where LOOL came from he will probably vote differently the request to kill it in the ESC.

Regards,
Andreas

Ciao

Paolo

--
## Free Software Advocate
## Plone add-on developer

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors