Dear list,

Andreas Mantke wrote:
> > Interestingly I cannot remember TDF ever tendering for LibreOffice
> > Online work, can you please point me to the details?
> TDF tendered in 2014/2015 the work for the Android editing, which was
> explained to the board also as important for LOOL.

That seems to be a very technical argument (on both sides); in any
case I doubt that a discussion of something that happend 8 years ago
helps us in moving the developer hiring proposal forward.

As such, lets please get back to the topic.

Paolo Vecchi wrote:
> With a very odd timing the 02/06/2022 Mr Meeks added to the ESC agenda,
> during the meeting, the request to actually kill LOOL. From the emails on
> board-discuss it seems clear that that he doesn't want that in-house
> developers to even thinking about reviving LOOL to make sure TDF cannot
> promote even a basic version of it.

Same here - mixing lots of other topics into this discussion is not
useful in us making progress.

It is also premature, since the ESC is still discussing the
matter. Debating the merits of the proposal should happen there, not
here (for the while). Unless the board wants to run its own, competing
motion for how to deal with the Online repo (which I would consider
nonconstructive).

Thanks,

-- Thorsten