Hi Andreas

While you don't like answers in private mail I post it on this list.

Am 27.11.22 um 16:44 schrieb Andreas Mantke:
I'm curious to read own statements from the 'several of the community' here.

Maybe most of us follow the golden rule of mailing lists not to feed trolls? ;-)

Seriously: I feel we all are tired of this discussion and I may imagine many of us don't even follow them in detail any more - not out of a lack of interest but mostly because of the way it was and is conducted.

Coming to the controversial part of the proposal: In my pov it's sheer nonsense to write such statements like those discussed here into a job description or even a contract. Not only the person concerned hardly is in the position to decide on these issues; its also in the full responsibility of his or her boss to decide what they are working on - and no way in the developers own consideration. And I'm rather confident that this also was part of the legal advice the board has got.

In a benevolent view on this document it may at best serve as a board's internal letter of intent. But I'm sure - however (if ever) it is voted, when it comes to concrete decisions, the same discussion will arise with new energy. So it's most probably in no case worth all the fuss we see today.

My advice emphases the KISS rule (we always should kiss more): Keep it simple, st... :-)
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Altmann