Shanley,

Thanks for pushing this along. Simon and I spoke about it last night in the
context of getting something out for cloud connect but I'm tempted to let
the open cloud noise die down a bit and he didn't want to rush something
out. I also spent a few hours running through it with Krishnan today
following his
post<http://www.cloudave.com/17127/open-cloud-initiative-is-dead-long-live-oci/>
—
he wanted us to basically go all open source (e.g. skew towards the open
crowd) or drop it altogether (e.g. skew towards the closed crowd), neither
of which is going to happen sfaict. At the end of the day I think he agreed
with the definition but worries about whether we'll be able to get a
critical mass (something I'm less worried about).

Assuming we agree, I'd like to see the consensus decision
making<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-making>process
more clearly defined as following the IETF
process<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-making#IETF_rough_consensus_model>—
e.g. RFC
2418 Section 3.3 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2418#section-3.3>. I also
considered the Wikipedia consensus