Travis Desell wrote:

> Is there another variable to determine the time a workunit has spend
> on the GPU?  For whatever reason our CUDA applications are reporting a
> very small cpu_time value, I'm wondering if this is some issue we have
> in our application, or if the BOINC client is reporting it wrong...

Recent versions of the client report both cpu_time and elapsed_time back to
the server: this example demonstrates the multi-threaded CPU case, where CPU
is greater than elapsed. You are interested in the related but opposite
case, where for GPUs 'elapsed' is more interesting than CPU.

<result>
    <name>06jul09-160-6M-64-a_17_18_0</name>
    <final_cpu_time>205491.000000</final_cpu_time>
    <final_elapsed_time>61600.312500</final_elapsed_time>

Unfortunately, the default result table schema in
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/browser/trunk/boinc/db/schema.sql still only
contains a single field to receive cpu_time, so I assume the
final_elapsed_time data is being discarded on receipt. Wouldn't it be better
for projects, now that we are leaving the single-threaded CPU era behind us,
if both time reports were stored by default?