On 3/4/13 11:58 , Oliver Bock wrote:
> On 3/1/13 18:00 , Rom Walton wrote:
>>> While doing further consistency checks I found the following v2
>> commit:
>>>>
>> http://boinc.berkeley.edu/gitweb/?p=boinc-v2.git;a=commit;h=723c1f5667
>>>
>>> Where does it come from? I can't find it at all in v1:
>>>>
>> http://boinc.berkeley.edu/gitweb/?p=boinc.git;a=history;f=lib/network.
>>
>> SHA1: 131f868eee1f472fb5900959c995bcdcb3f126cc
>
> Now that's indeed an interesting one: it's supposedly just a merge of
> v1's 1f099ac but at the same time it contains a seemingly unrelated
> change to lib/network.cpp that's not even documented (e.g. in
> checkin_notes)...

There's another one of this kind:

> http://boinc.berkeley.edu/gitweb/?p=boinc.git;a=commit;h=efcb81f86d602b3042d04d14ac32e78c3b250e94

Please note that the gitweb content display of this commit is incomplete
since overall 22 files got changed.

The problem is that this merge added a change to client/Makefile.am,
without a parent commit containing it that is. Furthermore the merge
dropped two changes without a conflict being present:
- sched/sched_send.cpp in f51b328
- client/cs_scheduler.cpp in 1a76e1a

I'm not sure these additional changes should have been part of the merge
since I can't find any reasoning or justification for them. I suggest
you, Rom and David, revisit that commit and make sure all changes are
indeed intentional.

For the future I recommend to change things during a merge only to solve
conflicts, don't add/remove/change anything apart from that if possible
- at least not without further documentation.

Cheers,
Oliver