From: Richard Haselgrove [r.haselgr...@btopenworld.com]
To: Charles Elliott [elliott...@comcast.net]; McLeod, John
[john.mcl...@sap.com]; jacob_w_kl...@msn.com [jacob_w_kl...@msn.com];
boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu [boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu]
Subject: Re: [boinc_dev] High priority status message removed.

Just observe. I'm currently running two SIMAP tasks which were issued with a
two-day deadline (additional replications required for validation - they must
be using

<reliable_reduced_delay_bound>X</reliable_reduced_delay_bound>
When a need-reliable result is sent to a reliable host, multiply the delay
bound by reliable_reduced_delay_bound (typically 0.5 or so).

Set a two day queue, and BOINC panics.

Don't judge every BOINC operation by the relaxed timings used at SETI.
> You can still easily get into deadline trouble with either large queues,
or multiple projects and an occasional tight deadline

Proof?