From: boinc_dev [mailto:boinc_dev-boun...@ssl.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Rom
Walton
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2015 10:02 AM
To: Hugh Wormington <h...@gridrepublic.org>; Rytis Slatkevičius
<ry...@gridrepublic.org>
<boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [boinc_dev] Proposal: Simple Attach (Cookieless Installs)

In essence this is what the setup cookie is for.

In cases where there is a customized installer, everything the client needs
will be in the project_init.xml or acct_mgr_url.xml (in the case of account
managers) files.  BOINC will treat the setup cookie as opaque data and just
send it back to
https://<project_url>/lookup_account.php<https://%3cproject_url%3e/lookup_account.php>.

So for GR/CE/PTP you end up with filenames like:
gr_setup_asc_ODU0NjVfZWEwYWJkNjc4NDc2MjllMWFlOWVkM2I4YWRmZmZmZmY=.exe

The filename can be made shorter as it depends on how large you want your
random piece of data to be.

----- Rom