From: Filip Rydlo [mailto:filip.ry...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 3:49 AM
To: Rom Walton <r...@romwnet.org>
Cc: BOINC-dev email list <boinc_dev@ssl.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [boinc_dev] Proposal: Simple Attach (Cookieless Installs)

Yes, Rom.
           It really seems like a monster on the client side. This is neither
easy nor  error-proof.

So, ... :
          Why not to save the unique "GUID" (generated by the server) + all
this info  (with perfectly encrypted password)  in a dedicated (MySQL) DATABASE
 on the main BOINC web-server? (it could be easily "cron"-ned to be cleaned
from old entries and Vacuum-analyzed  every 4 hours or so)

            It would be browser-independent.  IT would be easily implemented as
temporary  and as valid only for the given I.P. address  - which is the same
(during a short interval like 1 hour)  across all browsers on the PC / VM  , as
far as I know.
Namaste
Filip