Indeed. I'm slowly getting my head round the other differences that affect our
workflow.

Is there also a change in the definition of a 'tag'? In SVN days, a tag - which
we used to identify client code, nothing else - included only:

code which was used to build the client-related parts
code which Rom deemed fit and ready for use

If that selectivity is no longer available, does that mean we have to be
careful to clear all client-related issues and bugs, before the 'tag-and-build'
process for the next release? That we can't leave behind any unfinished
business for the next cycle?

    On Friday, 4 August 2017, 8:45, Oliver Bock <oliver.b...@aei.mpg.de> wrote:

 On 03/08/17 17:03 , Richard Haselgrove wrote:
> it also means that the whole of the Drupal source code was included in the
> v7.8.0 'client' tag.

Just to avoid potential confusion: we're not using SVN anymore. A git
branch always "contains" the whole repo, not some copy of specific parts
of it.

Best,
Oliver