In that case, the workflow document linked by David earlier -
https://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/wiki/AdminReleaseManagement - contains totally
unnecessary extra work steps:

* Clone branch: clone ​https://github.com/boinc/boinc.git into new dir w/
version num
* Right-click on dir; switch to new branch
* set version numbers in
* /: configure.ac, version.h, version.h.in, version.log
* in version.h, version.h.in: comment out pre-release with C syntax
* android: TODO; Oliver: textual representation, numerical value (increment) in
7.6, it's 146, so use 147
* commit
* create tag client_release/7.8/7.8.0
* git push, check "include tags"

The only reasons I can see for creating a new directory are:

To create clean build folders for the development tools to work in
To create an offsite archival backup in case of disaster

and both of those should be done *after* the version number updates and tagging
have taken place.

    On Friday, 4 August 2017, 10:54, Charlie Fenton <charl...@ssl.berkeley.edu>