> _Without_ being in Task Manager, when I set BOINC to suspend when "In Use" to
> .1 minutes, BOINC starts processing in six seconds, processes for 1 or 2
> seconds, but then immediately suspends again for 6 seconds, then processes
> for a second or so, then suspends again for six seconds -- in a continuing
> cycle.

Do you have your preference "Use at most xxx % of CPU time" set to 100%? If
not, then you may be seeing BOINC's throttling which starts and stops CPU usage
in short cycles to reduce CPU heating. Also, with Task Manager not running,
does the Tasks tab indicate the cycling between Running and Suspended, and does
the Event Log cycle between Suspending Computation and Resuming Computation?

> When on the Details tab BOINC suspends and never restarts...so the problem
> continues on the latest Windows insider release.

Although this is not desired behavior, if it only occurs with Task Manager on
it won't happen in normal use, so I would not consider it a show stopper.

Cheers,
--Charlie