On 6 November 2017 at 10:17, Laurence <laurence.fi...@cern.ch> wrote:

> Hi Jacob,
> On 05/11/17 10:14, Jacob Klein wrote:
>
> David / Juha / Rom:
>
> I have concluded my testing (took about 6 hours), and 26200 has some serious
> problems!
>
> Attached is a .zip of my full results, across my testing with LHC@Home and
> RNA World. It includes a results summary, results detail files of stderr.txt
> logs, and the app_info.xml files I used.
>
> You don't need to test on LHC@home as are building our own vboxwrapper
> while we are waiting for PR 1946
> <https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/pull/1946> to be merged.

The reason I tested on LHC is that I wanted to test on real world apps, LHC
has real world apps and I have already signed up there. That's all. Maybe
LHC-dev would have been better choice or maybe I should have asked you for
permission first but at that time the risk of VirtualBox 5.2 acting bad and
tasks returning bad science results seemed low enough.

I haven't run CMS or LHCb tasks for a while and I think the VM images and
job scripts were outdated so I had to test with ATLAS and Theory only.
There's a few completed tasks now and no sign of problems so far.

-Juha