I agree that screensavers are good for marketing. We do get questions about
screensavers in forums every now and then so clearly there are people
interested in running them.

Sometimes when people upgrade BOINC and see benchmark numbers go up they
get excited that now their computer does more work and then we have to
explain that "sorry, that's not how it works". I was just curious if this
would be the first time when BOINC version actually does make a difference.
I didn't think about screensaver going to blank screen after a while. That
certainly mitigates any slowdown.

-Juha