Personally I would prefer if everything is editable via a web page.
I use a couple of different machines. Ftp is not installed everywhere.
Or I forgot my password(s).

Greetings, Martin

On 28 Aug., 13:15, "The Editor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Linly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> 1) Info Forums
>
> >> The idea is, each time a post is viewed, a tiny bit of info is
> >> prepared and saved, so that the display is always current and ready to
> >> go. When viewing the pagelist, only one, or perhaps two pages are
> >> used, and the content is put out lightning fast. Never even uses the
> >> search function. Cool, huh?
>
> > This make BoltWire very like 'relational database' but even flexible.
>
> > Seems I can update all of my plugins from using search list to using
> > INFO plugin. It may speed up all of my page opening time. But I'd like
> > to see more example syntax rather than parameter descriptions. :)
>
> It will be better for some things, but the search function will better
> for others. We will have to learn which works best for what.
>
> >> 2) Config editing
>
> > I'm not really get this. Sorry for my ignorance of this. What is the
> > difference between this solution and using the normal action.edit to
> > open, say, site.config, change it and save it? Forgive me if my
> > question is too stupid.
>
> In BoltWire you can setup customized php code in the config folder.
> This plugin allows you to edit the php code in those files directly.
> I just uploaded the plugin (configedit), but have not had time to
> write up all the documentation yet.
>
> Use with care. It has the same security risks as the setup plugin....
>
> Cheers,
> Dan
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to