On 8/28/08, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Personally I would prefer if everything is editable via a web page.
> I use a couple of different machines. Ftp is not installed everywhere.
> Or I forgot my password(s).


I agree, and I find this new plugin a nice addition to BoltWire. It's
just important that people understand the security issues involved.

Have you tried the plugin yet to see how it works?  And I'm wondering
if anyone has suggestions for enhancing or tweaking it. Or toughening
the security?

Since it seems to be working fine, we probably could enhance it to
edit other things as well, like the index.php file and/or even the
core scripts, or plugins. Perhaps by having a configurable variable
for the directory used. Or something smarter--like if index.php, use
the root directory. If it doesn't exist in the config file, but exists
in the plugin directory, use that directory... Then we need a way to
list all the critical files...  Probably could figure something out.
What do you think?

Anyway, it would give us really easy access to about anything on a
person's site. But remember, type in a php error that crashes your
site, and you can't run the config action to fix it...  Not good.

Cheers,
Dan

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to