On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 4:09 PM, alinome.net <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I've written a customized trail function called xtrails. The basic
> arguments are the same than those of the original function, but the
> inner working is different and the result is returned in an <ul> list.
> I'll post it when tested.
>
> Well, I need to use some page data in the trail arguments, i.e. the
> {:description} data to be used as link title:
>
> [(xtrails group="{(pa {p} '-2')}*" if="equal {+p0} 4" first='Primera:
> [[{+first}|{{+first}:title}|title="{{+first}:description}"]]'
> prev='Anterior: [[{+prev}|{{+prev}:title}|
> title="{{+prev}:description}"]]' next='Siguiente: [[{+next}|
> {{+next}:title}|title="{{+next}:description}"]]' last='Ăšltima:
> [[{+last}|{{+last}:title}|title="{{+last}:description}"]]')]
>
> While the standard data {{+first}:title} works, my
> {{+first}:description} doesn't, it's not translated into the actual
> data. The same happens with the original trail function. I guess the
> cause is the markup order but I don't want to tinker with it. I have
> temporary solved the problem by adding the following at the end of my
> function:
>
> $out = BOLTdomarkup($out);
>
> It works, but I think it's a waste of energy to search all possible
> markups while I need only data variables... How can I translate only
> the desired markup group? It seems BOLTdomarkup has no paramater to do
> that, it uses the whole markup table.

Actually, you should generally use templatemarkup instead of domarkup.
The former is the main script for entire zones, and shouldn't be used
for sections of a zone. It could cause problems...

The templatemarkup function also has the advantage of being able to
process only certain rules. Set rules (4th parameter) to a csv list of
any rules you want processed. It doesn't allow for specific orders
within rules, just the basic rules categories, like vars or func.

At some point I plan to merge the domarkup and templatemarkup
functions. When first constructing BoltWire I didn't set up the
domarkup function to work properly in templates (you'll notice they
are very similar functions). I can do it now and probably add some
more functionality to BoltWire at the same time (like limiting certain
markups in a config file for certain pages or zones... Hmmm, that's a
great idea). But haven't gotten around to it yet. And the need hasn't
been pressing.

I'll add a note however, to my to do list.

Cheers,
Dan

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to