It sound like your server is set to safe mode or something similar,
which prevents BoltWire from creating directories/writing pages. Or it
may be application.cpp, which I'm not familiar with.  Perhaps it could
be googled.

As for problems, if it seems to be working you are probably ok.
BoltWire only needs to be able to read from/write to pages. But there
are other folders it may need to create in the future that it can't,
such as a stamps directory, a files directory, an indexes directory
and an html directory, and so on--depending on what you do with
BoltWire. Without those folders certain functions may not work. Or at
least not until you create the directory.

You might also want to talk with your tech support people and see if
they can't shed a little light on what's happening. If you find
anything more, let us know.

Cheers,
Dan


On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Dan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I am a new boltwire user and recently installed it on a reseller linux
> host. After following the installation instructions (i.e. setting some
> permissions to 777 and so on), I got the following server error 500
> log messages (my field name is 'public'):
>
> [Sat Dec 13 05:11:03 2008] [error] [client <IP Address>] SoftException
> in Application.cpp:553: Directory "/home/<username>/public_html/
> public" is writeable by others
> [Sat Dec 13 04:55:11 2008] [error] [client <IP Address>] SoftException
> in Application.cpp:544: Directory "/home/<username>/public_html/
> public" is writeable by group
>
> So, the boltwire field folder being writeable by group & all was
> causing a server error. I'm not sure whether Application.cpp is custom
> code written by this host or something that other users will
> encounter.
> I was able to make boltwire apparently work by changing my field
> directories to 755 (and I manually created the field sub-directories
> and set those to 755). After doing this, I was able to register,
> login, create a test page, and edit the existing main page.
>
> My question: Will the above permission settings cause boltwire to fail
> in ways that I have not tested?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>  Dan
>
> Also: I noticed that my issue is similar to the question in
> forum.installation.1223313582, although there was no response on that
> issue whether setting permissions to 755 will cause boltwire to fail
> in some way. Can anyone provide reassurances or warnings about this
> configuration?
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to