On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM, karlh626 <[email protected]> wrote: > > Thanks for the reply, both of you, I will read through both of your > replies when I have a little more time. I don't currently have a > grasp of what the info function/plugin does so I need to search and > read a little more about that.
In a nutshell (so you can decide if this is an option you want to pursue), the info command allows you to set an info page to some value. So you set the target to a page like: project.month.employee for example, and the content of that page would have field/value entries like: sometimestamp: 3 (hrs) anothertimestamp: 2.5 anotherstill: 4.2 You could of course organize the pages by project only or project.employee or project.month, or whatever, and make the info var fields something like employee_timestamp or month_employee_timestamp, etc. Just depends on how you want to extract the info. The timestamp is just a unique identifier set at the time the hours were entered. And note hours would need to be converted to decimal for this. Then the info function can be used to read any page you wish (or several of them in a search template), and return a sum of the values. If your field labels were month_employee_timestamp for example you could total up the values for the given month, or by month_employee. I'd like to do a good tutorial on the info function because it is very powerful, and extensible. So let me know if this might be a solution for you. Oh and the info command/function are both in the core engine now. So no special plugins or coding necessary. Cheers, Dan --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BoltWire" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
