> Linly, how do they manage security on something like this?  If you can
> insert any html code on any writeable page you would have severe XSS
> problems...

Yes, TiddlyWiki is a local-side wiki, it uses javascript to write data
into file only from PC file system like "c:\" or "D:\". If a
TiddlyWiki file, yes TiddlyWiki is a single file wiki, has been put
onto a web server, it become a read-only file. No one can change it
via "http://"; method. The TiddlyWiki user always write their wiki
offline and upload it via ftp or other special php uploader.

> You can do something similar on BoltWire, just with a twist. First
> copy your html code to a page like code.embed.flickr and then in your
> wiki, anywhere, put <embed flickr> and it should work. I think this is
> more secure because you can control who can edit, and even read all or
> specific code.embed pages. Whereas I'm not sure how to make an html
> markup like you suggest secure...

Yes this is more secure, but difficult as will... :)

> There's ways no doubt to do it. Drupal had something similar, but it
> involved setting different levels of edit permissions based on user
> status. I don't think I want to go down that path, as it would involve
> a major reorganization of how the whole system works in BoltWire. It
> might be worth thinking about some more, but I have my reservations...

No I don't like the "reorganization" idea either. But how about put
the <html></html> as a config item, site admin can choose to open or
close the function? or limit it can be used in some certain groups?

Cheers,
linly

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Linly <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Dan,
>
> > While using TiddlyWiki, I've found there is a wiki syntax <html></
> > html> very useful. The syntax allowed user putting html code directly
> > into wiki pages and displayed it as is.
>
> > Sometimes if I want to embed some html code from Flickr or Google Maps
> > into wiki page, it would be easy to just copy and paste like this:
>
> > <html>
> > <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"
> > marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?
> > f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=zh-
> > TW&amp;geocode=&amp;q=washington&amp;sll=25.091075,121.559834&amp;sspn=0.304706,0.564423&amp;gl=tw&amp;g=Taipei&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=38.900385,-77.019825&amp;spn=0.016367,0.035276&amp;t=k&amp;z=14&amp;brcurrent=3,0x346ef3065c07572f:
> > 0xe711f004bf9c5469&amp;output=embed&amp;s=AARTsJrSNCFJskwmMdDKr_R1Rr-
> > nQOuxEA"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?
> > f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=zh-
> > TW&amp;geocode=&amp;q=washington&amp;sll=25.091075,121.559834&amp;sspn=0.304706,0.564423&amp;gl=tw&amp;g=Taipei&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=38.900385,-77.019825&amp;spn=0.016367,0.035276&amp;t=k&amp;z=14&amp;brcurrent=3,0x346ef3065c07572f:
> > 0xe711f004bf9c5469" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">Bigger Map</
> > a></small>
> > </html>
>
> > Cheers,
> > linly
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to