What I'm thinking of doing Marcos is something a little different. I
really want the core to have simpler hierarchical processing, and
actually remove a few features, but create hooks to make it possible
to restore those advanced features in a plugin. This makes the code
cleaner, the docs simpler, and gives more flexibility to the admin, as
they can tweak the plugins to their hearts content. I'll be sure to
create a basic SuperHg plugin already setup with any features I move
out of core, so existing sites can simply turn it on with whatever
upgrade it is and experience no loss of functionality. It will happen
when I rework the skin to change how skins are installed.

Anyway, I'll probably setup the plugin the way you request as there
are some logical advantages---and you'll be my chief tester! It will
just take some time, and I want to review all our past discussions and
work through all the related issues at the same time. Probably the
only hierarchical stuff that will stay in the core will be actions and
zones. Can't think of anything else I plan to retain, off the top of
my head...

Cheers,
Dan


On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:46 AM, alinome.net <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> hours. Mostly really easy stuff. So we could be 3.xx any day now. If
>> you have things you'ld like to suggest changes to the roadmap, please
>> let me know/remind me again. There is a list of things there I've
>> pretty much decided NOT to do.
>
> I suggest these:
>
> 1) action.register could ask for the password twice in the same form
> and compare both. It's a very common way to avoid typos in the
> password. I have this in my own to-do list.
>
> 2) Change this:
>                if ($temp == '') $temp = BOLTloadpage("template.$template.
> $BOLTskin");
> to:
>                if ($temp == '') $temp = BOLTloadpage("template.$BOLTskin.
> $template");
> in BOLTdisplay. I think this is coherent with zones and has other
> advantages (e.g. for template listings). I think I'm the only one
> using this feature, so the change will not break too many sites :)
>
> 3) action.copy could copy the page data too. I made a customized
> version to do that: copy both the content and the data and let edit
> them before creating the copy.
>
> Cheers,
> Marcos
>
> --
> http://alinome.net
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to