Sorry for such a quick release after 2.40, but this has some nice
improvements to the help system and some cool new info var
capabilities. I was eager to get it out!  From the changelog:

* Some minor fixes to the help system including better formatting of
the display and a few more options such as plugins=true to include
plugins, and script=engine to only scan engine.php. Can also set
helpPage in site.config to some page other than site.help, which is
now added to the core distribution.
* Other features include a new core report extension to the info
function which allows you to display beautiful template outputs of
info (any way you want). Also, a sort=field/value and order=reverse is
in the core to give more flexibility to other info extensions, as
well. This deprecates the core list info extension. (There's a demo at
test.info.report).

I really like this new help system. I'm going to work hard over the
next few releases to do a better job of adding code documentation as I
go along, so it should only get better with each release.

As for 3.xx plans, here's what I'm thinking:

I just divided the checklist on the roadmap to 3.xx into two groups:

1) Easy changes, but that will likely break some sites
2) Hard changes involving features unlikely to break sites.

When I get ambitious, I will do all of the changes in 1) and at that
time release as 3.00 with or without the 2) changes. Those could also
be introduced at any time but either as 2.xx or 3.xx depending on what
happens first. I'm sure I could do all the 1) changes in just a few
hours. Mostly really easy stuff. So we could be 3.xx any day now. If
you have things you'ld like to suggest changes to the roadmap, please
let me know/remind me again. There is a list of things there I've
pretty much decided NOT to do.

Cheers,
Dan

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"BoltWire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/boltwire?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to