Hi Dan,

I've been trying to apply your example shown on the functions/counter page
of the documentation, but I keep getting stuck...

If I use the following it does suppress the output, but it also does not
increment the counter (so the Total result remains 0 which is incorrect):

{(search group=docs* fmt="[(counter id=total)]" count=false output=false)}
Total Pages: <(counter 0 id=total)>

If I use the following it does not suppress the output, but it does
increment the counter correctly:

{(search group=docs* fmt="[(counter id=total)]" count=false output=true)}
Total Pages: <(counter 0 id=total)>

Any suggestions on how I can set the correct value of Total without getting
any output from the search?

Thanks lots.
Jan