djringjr wrote:
> Where did you purchase the new foam surrounds? Model number please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Hmmm... good question, I bought them quite some time ago from
speakerrepairshop.nl

Checking my emails it seems the ones I purchased were:

F3Ct3 Foam ring, 3 inch, for a unit with a cone size of 5,8 cm

But more recently the rubber R3C1 have been recommended:

https://speakerrepairshop.nl/en/rubber-surrounds/by-size/up-to-4-inch/rubber-ring-3-inch-for-a-unit-with-a-cone-size-of-5-5-cm/a-296-20000042

I also purchased their recommended glue.

As well as Joe's blog, I checked out this blog for replacement technique
https://www.repiuk.nl/essays/.

I preferred and used Joe's method of leaving the old surround stuck on
the cone and just trimming it flush, also found that remaining ring of
old surround on the cone a perfect area for applying the new glue and a
a guide for setting the new surround centrally.
I seem to remember Joe having problems with the glue drying... I tested
it beforehand and found it worked better as a contact adhesive, apply to
both surfaces and let dry (from white to clear) and then stick the two
surfaces together.
I used the repiuk.nl blog tip of a straw cut to length to push the cone
up whilst I set the inside of the new surround to the cone and then
released the straw to drop the cone so the outside of the new surround
could be stuck to the frame.
Finally I re-painted the metal surround to cover up any bare metal
caused by scraping off the original glue and cover any excess glue on
the frame and lightly dusted the excess glue areas on the cone with
french chalk (or talcum powder) to remove any remaining tackiness and
hopefully preventing dust sticking to it in the future.

Here's the two drivers with new surrounds glued in place prior to paint
and chalk:

36563

Kev

|Filename: IMG_6395sm.jpg                                           |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36563|