On 12/01/16 13:27, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

but it implements ISO time zone semantics.
Maybe we should create a new function and deprecate to_posix_string? The
new function could take an argument to select the desired behavior.

That could work.
I just don't want to break the existing users.
(I suspect there are many)

Two functions sounds the only sensible resolution to me if ISO and Posix differ.

It costs us very little.

to_ISO_string?

And make it behave like POSIX says, for completeness? :) Remember, to_posix_string already behaves like ISO.

I was having something like to_string(enum flavor) in mind. Then mark to_posix_string with __declspec/__attribute__((deprecated)) and make it forward to to_string(flavor::iso).