On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 9:56:50 PM UTC-4, Michael Caisse wrote:

> Hi Edward -
>
> I think your post to the dev-ML was good and the first step. I was going
> to discuss this further with Marshall but have somebody willing to support
> a library is great. Maybe the CMT can review PR's for a bit and then just
> hand it over completely.

What does the process of "handling it over completely" entail ? I really
think Boost needs to define the methodology for this and also have someone
with enough Administrator rights to get this done. I realize that Boost can
not just hand over a library for maintenance without knowing if the
particular person is capable enough both as far as C++ and the library
itself is concerned. But considering how many libraries really need a
maintainer, even if those libraries are very solid themselves and have very
few bugs, I believe Boost really needs to jump on the situation when
someone wishes to maintain a library which either has no maintainer or is
"maintained" as part of CMT. We can not afford to ignore such people in a
sort of laissez faire manner; we need them too much.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/boost-steering/df40c12f-f3fd-48a5-b5c6-b3eabd21a4cd%40googlegroups.com.