The only way forward I can imagine is to participate in the developers'
mailing list to determine the requirements then bring a working replacement
for the existing build system. You might find some others willing to help,
as with the CMake effort, or you might need to do it on your own.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/boost-steering/CAOxk40xP3G%3DDDhRqWn5twMiO3u_6qvVZtLr0%3D1iDsk1A3rRJyQ%40mail.gmail.com.