Greg Colvin wrote:

And I don't see a problem with adding constructors to
scoped_ptr that support custom deallocation, especially
since C++ has no 'finally' construct.

Although someone mentioned this earlier, I have not seen it reiterated -- if the size of scoped_ptr grows to more than just the pointer itself, I can not use it. I imagine that others also need it to remain simple, at least in this respect.

If someone adds anything to scoped_ptr or scoped_array that increases its size, I hope he/she will give it a new name, so that I can continue to use the current classes.

--
Dick Hadsell 914-259-6320 Fax: 914-259-6499
Blue Sky Studios http://www.blueskystudios.com