Looking for a perl tool, module, script that would help me define a register map for firmware, and take that map and generate code, documents, you name it.

Needs to support 32 bit wide registers with sub fields, and sub-sub-fields. And needs to be something that can handle a large submap that is cloned from another map, and then can be modified slightly.

Registers basically need to somehow support different classes or types or something. Some registers would be i2c. Some will be spi. And they have different requirements.

I could code something up, but this is so complicated i was thinking i might be better off using someone else's wheel that has improved over time than reinvent my own wheel from scratch.