If you want to download MP3 files, you'll have to get your hands on a c-f card. There just isn't enough memory on the Braillenotes to make it worth while. Most music MP3 files are around 5 mb give or take a few mbs. You can get 1 gig for under $100. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa Ehlers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:30 PM
Subject: [Braillenote] mp3 questions


Hi Everyone,
I posted about this yesterday but didn't receive much for responses.
I don't have a PC. I just use my BN. Presently I don't have any compact flash cards or a disk drive. I don't have any way to store the Mp3 files. I'd be willing to download one file and delete it. I don't want to harm the Keyword files on my BN. If downloading MP3 files onto the BN is dangerous for the unit please tell me. I'm looking for feedback from the people who will know technical knowledge about downloading MP3 files using the BN. I was wondering about downloading MP3 files for music files. I'm not sure how to get signed up with one of those paying services for this. Here are my questions. I hope they make sense.

1. Can I safely download MP3 files onto the BN from the Internet? If yes are there any trick to this?

2. Are there any Web sites anyone recommends for downloading MP3 files to the BN? Why?

3. I understand the BN only accepts certain bits or something not sure of the correct term. What is this specification and how do I know if the MP3 files I'm downloading have this? Do the files list that info before being downloaded?

Any information anyone can give me would be wonderful.

I just want to take advantage of the media player. However if I'm going to endanger my unit by taking this risk please let me know.
Thank you for your time and your help.
Have a great week everyone.
Lisa

___
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote



Reply via email to