Hi Rachael,

You know, I usually just back up the entire flash disk as well.  But, I did 
want to try to back up a folder, just to see what would happen.  And, after 
I did that, it took me awhile to find those files.  But, what it did, at 
least in my case, was to make the folder, but then put the files in a folder 
below that folder with one with the same name.  So, I guess it really made a 
directory with my folder name, and then put the folder with the files in it 
in a subdirectory of that directory.  For example, I copied my general 
folder over to the SD card.  So, to get to those files, I had to go to my SD 
card/general/general folder.
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Rachael Warke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Braillenote List" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] backup problem


This is really true! This very day I tried to back up a whole folder using
the backup utility. While it did put a folder on the designated drive, no
files were in the folder. But from the file manager menu, I then selected
"copy file", used the multiple character wildcard, and all the files went
into the newly created folder. It would have been just as efficient to creat
a new folder on the drive and copy the files, which is likely the more
appropriate way to get the job done.

Rachael

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Paul Henrichsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Braillenote List'" <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:23 AM
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] backup problem


> Hi. You really can't backup folders with the backup utility. It is meant
> to
> back up an entire flash disk. You need to use file manager copy to backup
> an
> individual file or folder.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sarah Van
> Oosterwijck
> Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 6:33 PM
> To: Braillenote List
> Subject: [Braillenote] backup problem
>
> I have just tried to perform a back up for the first time since installing
> keysoft 7.  It simply did not work.  I went to utilities, pressed b for
> backup, b to indicate that I wished to backup files not restore them, then
> typed in or selected a folder to backup.  At that point my Braille Note
> MPower froze and would do absolutely nothing until I pressed reset.  It
> did
> not matter what folder I chose to backup or the method I used for
> selecting
> it.  Hitting enter after selecting the folder was the last thing that
> could
> ever be done before the reset.
> Obviously this is a serious problem that simply must not continue.  I
> could
> just backup the individual files I remembered changing since my last
> backup
> this time by just copying them to the backup folder on my network, but
> this
> won't always do, and it is very tedious.
> I really can't believe that the backup utility is broken in version 7, but
> I'd like to here that people have used it successfully since their
> upgrade.
> I'd also like to here some suggestions of what i might try to solve the
> problem.
>
> There is something else strange that I just remembered now, so I thought I
> would ask about it.  When I got my BrailleNote back from being upgraded to
> an MPower I found that there was a phantom folder called "January 1, 2002
> backup" on my flash disk.  I see it as the default folder when I wish to
> choose a folder to backup, and I occasionally see it at other times.  If I
> really look in the list of folders on my flash disk it does not exist,
> though, no matter what i use to look for it.  I tried to choose directory
> and have it show all including hidden, but it still doesn't exist.  It is
> kind of driving me crazy. :-)  Of course it isn't actually hurting
> anything,
> but I really wonder why it is there and not there, too.
>
> Sarah Van Oosterwijck
> Assistive Technology Trainer
> http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
> ___
> To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
> http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
>
>
> __________ NOD32 1.1393 (20060203) Information __________
>
> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>
> ___
> To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
> http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote
>
>



___
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote




___
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to