Jose,
You've downloaded the wrong file. You have found the KeyNote Gold driver, not the Keyboard emulator. JAWS 7.1 and later actually supports KeyNote Gold internally, so no driver is needed. This driver only applies to JAWS 7.0 or earlier. There should be a PDI Hooks file when you open the zip file for the emulator. I think Mobile Speak supports BrailleNote (a list member has posted about this a few hours ago). I don't know about Talks.
HTH,
Joseph

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jose Martinez"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <[email protected]
Date sent: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:25:24 -0600
Subject: [Braillenote] Jaws Keynote driver
and braille display questions

Hello again:


Thank you all for your support ... it's
good to know that people here are willing to help. At this point, I'm researching all my notetaking options. So I bring you the following 2 questions.
1. How do you get this jaws keynote driver
to detect a Jaws installation. I downloaded V1100 from humanware.com and attempted to run it. I can never make it pass the welcome screen I get the following message.
"JAWS Keynote Driver V1.100 Installer
The installer has failed to locate
installations of the JAWS for Windows screen reader on your system. Therefore, it is
not possible to install the 32-bit Keynote
driver on this system."
I've gone as far as putting the executable
in the jaws 7.10 folder itself, and still no luck.
2. Does the M-power work with Talks or
Mobile speak? If not, will it ever? I know that technically it can be done, just a matter of releasing drivers for both platforms.
 As always, thanks for the help.


         Jose
___
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank
message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your
preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/br
aillenote


___
To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to