Well Mike,
excuse me! But why do I have to apologize for complaining about a bad upgrade when I paid for my BrailleNote and every upgrade they've offered. I should be able to expect better BETA testing before the upgrade is released, and since this one took almost a year after it's first announcement of release, seems to me they had lots of time to make it better than this! And as for being thankful that I've gotten anything, I would be if this update were free, but it was not! Depending on when you purchased your SMA, (before or after the release of 8.0), you paid between $135 and $195 United States currency for it. I'm not sure, but I believe it costs more in England.



Sammie D.  Clay



 Procrastination is a sin,
 It really is a sorrow!
 It's something that I should give up,
 I think I'll start tomorrow!

----- Original Message -----
From: "mike welty" <[email protected]
To: "sammie clay" <[email protected]>,"Joseph Lee"
<[email protected]>,      
<[email protected]>,<mlb...@cox
net>,        
<[email protected]
re.com
Date sent: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:34:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [Braillenote] virtual memory

ok, how nice of you. HW just releases a new version of KS and
you already
start in on them.  be grateful you get anything at all
----- Original Message -----
From: "sammie clay" <[email protected]
To: "Joseph Lee" <[email protected]>;
<[email protected]>;
<[email protected]>; <[email protected]
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 19:26
Subject: RE: [Braillenote] virtual memory



Hello List and HumanWare executives,

Why would anyone want to use speech only if they purchased a 32
cell
display braillenote. For speech only, you could have gotten a
voice note
and saved $3200.00, or just a little less than the price of a 18
cell
Braillenote. Speech only sucks for people in our blind and
blind-deaf
community who need a braille display and purchased their
Braillenote for
that reason. Lets be real people, this upgrade has done nothing
but
limited what we can use our braillenotes for. To brag about
useless
features which do nothing to enhance the usability of our
devices only
pave the way for HumanWare to continue giving us this junk. I
know our
braillenotes are not PC's, nor do I want mine to be one, but
continuously
getting upgrades which don't even live up to their
advertisements  is
disheartening.
I don't care about the GPS features, the chat stuff, the games,
or the
radio, but those things work for some people and I don't have to
use them,
however to keep adding stuff like this to Keysoft without
upgrading
window's CE 4.20 or letting us have the ability to read HTML or
PDF files
without performing myriads of gyrations is mind-numbing. And
what about
fixing the word problem? Will that ever happen. Come on
HumanWare, get
your programmers and hard-ware designers on the stick, and get
back to
doing what a good business is supposed to do. That's to provide
customer
satisfaction. And an upgrade which addresses all the problems
of the past
6 or 7 years would certainly do that for many of us. Your
family of
BrailleNote products could capture, and out shine the PDA
market,  if you
would just straighten out the old problems before creating new
ones.

Sammie D.  Clay




___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to