Hi, I have tried connecting my PK to the internet through my laptop using 
USB and active Sync. I have done this before on my PC but I couldn't get it 
to work through the laptop. I have had the same problem when trying it 
through the computer at work. All computers are running windows ExP and the 
version of Active Sync that came with the MPower. My laptop is connecting 
through wireless but the work computer is through a network cable.

What happens after I have connected to active Sync and set up a partnership 
is that when I try and connect with the PK to either email or Internet I get 
asked for a user name and password. As far as I know neither network has 
passwords on them and this didn't happen when I used my PC which is on the 
same network as the laptop but instead of wireless it is using a network 
cable but so is the work computer and that asks for a user name and 
password.

Hope someone can help because there are some emails I need to take around 
with me on the PK and since my brother changed the wireless settings I can 
no longer use my PK on the wireless network so until I get my Apex I would 
like to be able to connect my PK through USB. Also I have a client at work 
who would like to use the work setup to access his email with his voicenote 
MPower but I can't work it out yet because of this user name and password.

>From Shaz.
PK user 


___
Replies to this message will go directly to the sender.
If your reply would be useful to the list, please send a
copy to the list as well.

To leave the BrailleNote list, send a blank message to
[email protected]
To view the list archives or change your preferences, visit
http://list.humanware.com/mailman/listinfo/braillenote

Reply via email to