amazing - thanks! just adjusted the OPV to about 10 bar when blind, and
sure enough, the drain back into the tank is now flowing at a much higher
rate, pretty close to the recommended amount! was a bit late to pull shots
tonight, but will try tomorrow to see if it's any different! i'm also
looking forward to the lower brewing pressure and hopefully more forgiving
shots for this relative newbie :)

now that i've opened it up, I can also see how if i do need to replace
anything, it should be relatively trivial.