At Stardate 20030611.2242, Heather Shimokawa wrote:

Sorry for the multiple emails. I keep remembering things I want to say. I joined this list but lurked because I was not sure what it would be like.

It was supposed to be a list for discussion of science fiction in general and the works of David Brin in particular. It was also supposed to be an unmoderated list. However, if people keep insisting on discussing my dispute with That Other List here, thereby essentially disrupting this list, I may find myself forced to (at least temporarily) make this a moderated list.

So, everyone, what will it be? Are we going to drop the nastiness *now* and turn this list back into a fun and unmoderated list where we all happily discuss science fiction, or are we going to turn it into a moderated list?

I have concerns about what you are doing. I think I should have a right to ask them.

If you have concerns, you certainly have a right to voice them. Just keep it civilised and avoid phrasing that stands a good chance of being interpreted as personal attacks, insults and the like.

Jeroen van Baardwijk, Listowner