"Adam C. Lipscomb" wrote:

> When we are discussing meaning of words, it is imperative that we rely
> upon dictionaries, because they are THE sources that tell us HOW A
> WORD IS USED.  If I decide that "blue" ought to mean "green", I can
> with justification be called wrong on that, because the *commonly
> accepted definition* is that "blue" does not mean "green".

Luckily nobody applies this as rigourous and single minded as suggested
here, or the language would be stagnant and dying. Development of language
depends on words being used in new and innovative ways. Also invention of
new words is very common and more so in this age of innovation.
Unfortunatly this means that any dictionary is gonne be out of date as
soon as it's printed. :o)

Sonja