Brin is going to write a plotline to Star Wars III?  The same Brin who
calls the movies "insidious and vile"?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 6:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Epic is now mundane. (Laid back rant)

In a message dated 10/7/2002 2:38:34 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I disagree.  The characters in Star Wars are cardboard cutouts.  The
 plot is pure space opera.  What made Star Wars great was the special
 effects and the music. >>

I take it this is to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< What makes the original _Star Wars_ so good and
 the new ones so bland isn't the special effects: it's the characters
 themselves. >>

Maybe we've come full circle. Bland characters in the original Star Wars
were
carried by the music and special effects. Now that special effects are
the
norm, they ain't really that special and they can't carry the bad
characters.

I do want to read Brin's plotline to the final chapter after GL puts his

movie out. That should be very interesting....

William Taylor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]